Planning your next (or first) event? This is a go-to list that will help you every step of the way for your next big corporate event: from deciding on a theme to selecting a motivational speaker to rallying your team together. Check it out:
- Select a Theme – This gets everyone in the mood and focused on a common idea. Themes bring the fun and excitement to the event!
- Set a Budget – Predetermine realistically what it’s going to cost: marketing, printing, décor, tables/furniture, food, drink, venue, entertainment, professional speaker, giveaways, awards, etc.
- Confirm Date, Time, Venue – Set a date and time that will work for the majority of your team. If you have connections, use them when finding a venue. This can save you money – but book early.
- Secure a Speaker – This may be one of the most important parts of the event – check out my blog on How to Hire a Motivational Speaker: Top 7 Characteristics that will Motivate Your Team to get some ideas on how to find the perfect motivational speaker or professional speaker specifically for your corporate team. It’s important to have the right professional speaker for YOU.
- Organize Entertainment & Décor – This goes right along with setting the event theme. Once that is determined, it will make it easier to make decisions about entertainment and décor. When event planning, decide if your entertainment will be interactive (ex: a casino night party, a DJ, a band, dancing, etc.), or if it will be a part of setting the mood.
- Set Food & Drink Menu, Determine Vendor – If utilizing a caterer, you’ll want to ask for sample quotes, schedule a sampling, get references, and communicate all you will need to the caterer. If planning the food yourself, the best advice I can give you is to enlist a team to help you will all of the details such as setting the menu; delegate shopping, preparing and set up and serving; and be sure to remember serving dishes, plates, napkins, utensils, etc. For more info on how to find the perfect catering services, see my blog on the 5 Secrets to Finding the Right Catering Services.
- Promote & Advertise – This could be as easy as sending an email to your team or more elaborate by utilizing outlets such as social media, graphics, postcards, invitations, etc. Either way you want your team to be EXCITED about coming together and about your corporate event – you want them to want to come. Based on the theme, utilize the correct graphics, images, etc. A great way to team build and build energy towards the event is to create a # hashtag for all to use.
- Plan for Audio/Visual – Determine what you need – do not leave this step out!
- Set Up and Tear Down Plan – Set your team and be ORGANIZED!
- Prepare a Schedule – Come up with a que sheet for the evening and communicate, communicate, communicate to all who are helping put the corporate event together.
- Social Media Blasts – Great images, graphics and hashtags are key here. Be sure to be intentional about thanking those who worked so hard to make your event successful – don’t forget your team, caterer, professional speaker, etc!
We would be happy to bounce off ideas or answer any questions you may have as you plan your next fun corporate event!